October 31, 2014

Autumn at Westonbirt Arboretum

My favourite season is Autumn and this time of the year I tend to get so panicky, because I'm scared I won't get a chance to experience all the Autumn loveliness in London and that I won't manage to take photos of it. It happens every year and once again, I feel the same right now. Its already Halloween and I feel that I haven't seen enough and experienced enough Autumn. It goes by so swiftly, before you know it, it's Winter.

To eliminate some of that anxiety, I decided to plan an Autumn picnic with my hubby and made sure to choose a park/forest that showcased Autumn and of course... we hired a car, packed some sandwiches and my homemade pumpkin cake and drove almost 3 hours out to Westonbirt Arboretum. Oh my! The beauty left me speechless. No doubt, one of the best spots to view Autumn colours, well..  if you're closer to London.

English countryside and forests always remind me of story books I used to read as a child. So many illustrations are based on it and it is so magical to see it in real life, together with acorns, chestnuts and mushrooms.

I swear I didn't push up saturation on these photos - they were literally these colours. Thanks to my hubby for being my human tripod and taking a picture of me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment