April 23, 2013

Ladurée Macarons

Having seen the famous macaron shop, Ladurée in Paris, I then remembered just how much I love macarons. My first time eating a macaron, was back in 2010, ironically in the same month. i.e April, when I took this shot. That photo was taken in Cape Town at Myatts Chocolatier at the V&A Waterfront. Yes, it was just a miniature, but I loved it. Sadly, we never purchased any in Paris, because we just didn't want to spend the money on it, with Paris being so expensive in general. 

As a side note, I learnt that macarons and macaroons are two different things. Macarons being what I'm talking about in this post and macaroons, being the sweet coconut treat.

Anyhow, luckily for me, London has its own Ladurée shop. Three, in fact. So this past weekend, we headed off to the branch in Covent Garden. The little shop is so pretty, I could have taken photos there for hours, but there were too many customers behind me waiting to order in a very small space, so that wasn't an option. I might have annoyed someone, whipping my lens out in strange stances. Whatever you do with your camera, don't annoy people with it. Just saying.

Ladurée's macarons look mouth-watering and they have all sorts of packaging, but I adore the "plain" old, non-fancy box, which I ordered, as it is just as fancy in my opinion.

Macarons just look so good on camera and obviously, I also had to do the classic macaron stack shot. 

4 comments:

  1. I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like Macaroons. They're awful pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly which taste you're talking about. These ones are probably 10x better than the SA ones! So much tastier and true to flavour. I now see why the French macarons are so loved :) pity you can't taste them.

      Delete
  2. And now you need to go to the Pierre Herme concession in Selfridges and try those to compare! Then I'll tell you which ones I prefer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah heard of that yes! hopefully try it soon.

      Delete