April 29, 2013

From above the Arc de Triomphe

Ok, so I nearly died walking up the all the stairs of the Arc de Triomph. It is about 49m high, and it is stairs all the way up. I don't think its worth 8 Euros, climbing all the way up, but its Paris and this is how they cash in. I must say the view is amazing, not worth the money, but definitely a great view. I can only imagine how gorgeous it is at golden hour, or even at night. A photographer's dream, surely.

I didn't take much photos, but I thought the Champs-Élysées looked so pretty from above. The two black and white Eiffel Tower shots from my "A Rainy Paris" post, were also taken from there.

5 comments:

  1. The first is my favourite...the long stretch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) that's my favourite too.

      Delete
  2. We went here one evening around Christmas - and the view (with all the lights) was just stunning. Love the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, I remember going to Paris the first time as a teenager with my parents and my mom was so sick of hearing me and my brother yell "RIP-OFF!" every time we saw the price of anything, she made us shorten it to "R.O." :) I've been up the tower a few times, but always in the lifts, so I salute your fortitude at taking the stairs! I love the view from up there, and just the idea that I am standing at the top of something so iconic. Great shots and a v snazzy telescope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but geez, it IS a rip-off lol if I ever go again, I'll just take the lift!

      Delete