April 16, 2013

A rainy Paris

I've been M.I.A for a while, but I am back now, so hopefully you will be seeing lots of new posts coming up. In that time, I visited Paris with my husband, for 3 days. A trip we booked ages ago, in the hopes that since it would be April, we would have lovely Spring weather. Obviously, we were naive when it came to Europe's weather. Actually, we were naive with regards to London's weather too. As most of you know by now, Europe and the UK and most of the northern hemisphere (for those of us really high up north) has had a wintery Spring. Not a chilly Spring, I'm talking rain and snow. Icy, coat weather and snow flurries. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what you call the results of global warming.

Not to sound miserable, it's just that we were hoping for at least a little bit of Spring weather. Holy moly, Paris was in fact even colder than London! The rain hindered us a little. As you might know, the best way to see Paris is on foot, but many a time, we chose the Metro, due to being drenched or just plain cold. I missed quite a few shots I wanted to take, out of seeking warmth and coffee (such a wimp I am), but I managed a few.

Despite the rain and drenched socks, I absolutely loved Paris. It was kind of exactly how I imagined it to be: charming, beautiful and romantic. We want to go back now, even if just for a day to see everything we didn't get to.

Here's the first few shots I want to share. The majestic Eiffel Tower. I captured the twinkly lights that go on for five minutes in the early evening, but since I didn't have my tripod with me and had to use a wall to steady my camera, it wasn't as sharp as I would have liked and so decided not to share that with you.


Some might say, the cold makes it more romantic in Paris. What would you say?

2 comments:

  1. I love Paris at any time of the year... it's amazing. We walked around the city for 13 hours straight on the first day! It was so awesome... one of my favourite places for sure. I have a pic of the Eiffel Tower in blue glowing lights (it was around Christmas). Love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Paris is beautiful in the snow! I love the twinkly lights which they now reduced to 5 minutes to save energy. Oh yes walking and more walking.. My legs were half dead at the end of the trip lol

      Delete