July 19, 2012

Streets of London: Passages and Lanes

The one thing I find quite fun and quirky about London, are the lanes and alley ways with old architecture, bang in the middle of the renowned steel structured buildings of the CBD. Their names are quite fun too. Not only are some dripping with dry humour, but every single lane, alley or "row" (as it is sometimes called here), has a name.. even the dodgy ones that lead nowhere and is just used for parking garbage. Every single one has a name.

In the near future I plan to capture as many interesting lanes and quirky names as I can find and then post it here, or perhaps do a series on the streets of London.

Today it will be Sandy's Row and Artillery Passage. Love these lanes. About 100m either way, you will find towering modern architecture. 

Also, off Sandy's Row, you will find Frying Pan Alley, but I will have to go back to take a photo of that for you :)


Find the last photo cross-processed on my Flickr account, if you are interested.

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your Lane/Alley series. I love your shots, they have a great mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I love about London too (well that and so much more)... anyways, thanks for keeping it alive for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful set of photos. I lived in London for a while and these pictures bring back some nice memories so thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Just had a look at your blog and your photos are fantastic. I still have a lot to learn!

      Delete